The program is designed to introduce students to core tourism, leisure and hospitality concepts, plus foundation management skills required to successfully manage and develop a tourism and hospitality business, or related leisure and recreation enterprises.
At the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Develop students’ appreciation of the developments and challenges in business especially the tourism and hospitality industry;
- Enhance students’ understanding of the roles and significance of various participants within the tourism system and hospitality sector in tourism destinations;
- Enable students to describe the major tourist market segments and use segmentation to target and meet the wants, needs and expectations of the travelling public;
- Enhance students’ understanding of business and social responsibilities of major functional departments within tourism and hospitality organizations;
- Develop a working knowledge of geographical and environmental factors in tourism associated to destination products and learn how to utilize this knowledge when selling the tourism product;
- Provide students the opportunity to work effectively and constructively in groups for tourism and hospitality projects.
Entry requirements – KCSE D plain or KCE Division III.
Duration – 2 years (6 terms)
Examining Body: Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC)
Fees – 15,000 per term